7.05.2008

Wii Fit Hates Me



On the issue of the Wii Fit - I recently bought this for my partner, who loves video games and wanted it badly. I'd read that the board involved had a weight limit of 350 (not enough for me) but I figured hey, if I wanted to take a chance of breaking the board by using it, that was my prerogative, right? WRONG.

While my (substantially smaller than me) partner registered her Wii and did the body test (and was highly, highly annoyed that she was compelled to put in a weight loss goal and that all of the little comments are directed toward weight loss), I can't even try to join in. Apparently, if you exceed the Wii Fit weight limit, the damn thing won't even let you register your Mii or even attempt to participate in any of the games/exercises!

The freaking program steals my Mii from the plaza, though, and peppers me here and there in the crowd to cheer and umpire and coach throughout the games. I can watch, but not play! How does that help me meet MY fitness goals?

I originally posted this comment on www.bigfatblog.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can play, just not as your mii. You can use her profile to play and it will let you, it will note the weight change but that will not affect the game at all. If you want to play as your mii I suggest just getting her to stand on the board for the initial weigh in. I have had a 450 pound friend use my mii and he had no problems at all playing any of the games.

JP said...

Thank you for the tip, anonymous! I appreciate it, and will attempt to play as you suggest (feels somewhat subversive, too, which is good). Down with Nintendo (aka "The Man")!